Monday, February 1, 2010

My English Experience

Apart from being a native English speaker, I have an Honours Degree in English Literature from La Trobe University, Melbourne.  I'm Australian born. 

In 2000, I travelled to Japan and taught English in a Buddhist kindergarten and a private school catering to students of all ages. I had roughly five classes a day for 18 months.


In 2003 I opened Hamar English Centre in Norway and also taught English at the local Montessori primary school and kindergarten for almost three years.  Meanwhile I also  taught English at the Hamar Tafe (Community College) to adults as a second language for two years. 

Currently I am giving private conversation classes to individuals and small groups in Granollers, Catalonia. I also do guest presentations at local schools including the Official Language School of Granollers.  I write for Revista del Vallès, for the online magazine Suite101, and maintain a health and wellness blog entitled Patheya. blogspot


I started this blog because I realized I was repeating a lot of information in every class. Its in your best interest to have a look at each post, and anything that stands out for you, learn it!


The cost: I take anything from 20 to 40 euros an hour for individual/group classes. It depends on your job or lack of one. If you earn a lot of money, then give me more, and if you are struggling, then give less. Its all OK.  Find a number that makes you feel like you've got a good deal and you didn't rip me off. Talk to you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment